Truly Adore you



April 21, 2016 has to be one of the saddest day in the musical world. When my husband told me that Prince had died, I was total in denial. I ask Prince who? Then started randomly killing off other people with Prince in their name. Reluctantly, I went to Google. It was the first time in Google history that I was absolutely disappointed. He is a star, a legend, the myth, a unicorn, the glass skull in that Indiana Jones movies. He was just magical. His was an Icon, timeless and always had a song for the mood! How could he die on me? He played a huge part of my life and I have to say my heart is so broken and yes I cried.

In 1984 with the release of Purple Rain, my little confused life was changed. As I ran around my house singing Apple Dapple Do Hey (I would die for you), and When adults drive (when doves cry) I fell in love. Staring at his album covers and looking at his skin, hair and clothes. I wanted to wear my white shirt half unbutton and my hair down because of Prince. Prince embodied everything masculine and feminine into a 5’2” fire ball of power, sexiness and beauty. He had the swag of your favorite smooth uncle and the beauty and shade throwing magic of your favorite Aunt or Church mother. He knew how to give you The “look” and give you the look (wink). He could sing, dance, color coordinate and his hair was like the Crown of Glory your 85 years old grandmother spoke of. He could probably insult you and you would not know until you were telling someone about the story. His eyes were hypnotizing and his lips were like two perfect pink mouth pillows. His hair was as graceful as flowers blowing in the wind. He might have been an alien and it was time for him to go; I just don’t know. As much as he was beautiful he was powerful.

He broke down everything gender labeled! That is a woman shirt Prince! shade face “Where?” Those are high heels Prince! “Would you like a pair?” Prince that yellow suit has both of your butt cheeks out. “Isn’t It stunning!” And it was just that; The most beautiful butt in the world. That made my little brain explode. No one ever questioned his ruffles, fitted pants, prefect foundation and definitely not his straight off the press hair. Yes, LAWD I wanted all of that. I wanted to die and come back as his lip balm or hair scarf. Sweet baby Jesus I loved that man! He was the epitome of CONFIDENCE, SEXY, BEAUTY AND PRINCE. You would not be mad at him if he was in the women’s or men’s bathroom. I would have been honored to be in the next stall or to wash my hand next to him!!!! He never denied wearing makeup or getting his hair in a roller set and he was who he was. He knew he was beautiful and he knew he was talented. I can’t even begin to imagine being able to sit down and create the music he produced. I can’t paint my nails on my right without looking like an earthquake was in my room.

Prince confidence was the most noticeable thing about him. Yes, he was beyond gorgeous, but only a man with confidence can play the Super bowl halftime show with a designer hair scarf on his head. He would run across the stage in his tight fitting and flowing pants; doing splits and kicks and still playing his guitar. Now how do you do that? With his boots and heels, chest out and oozing sex appeal and stage presence he rocked the crowd and all who watched. He wrote songs to profess his love to you (ADORE), he told you how wonderful you were (Diamonds and pearls). He spoke of controversy (Sign o the Time). Then it was all fun and dancing (I can’t begin to list all of those) But still he had a song for each occasion of your life and his talent, confidence and his ability to amaze you showed every time. So yes we are heart broken by the loss of a Legend.

No I never met Prince, he was not at any of my family reunions, and no I did not get a letter from him but for 33 years of my life he has been there. He taught me how to walk in the room with “You got the look”, shaking my groove thing to “Kiss” and sliding across the floor to the Batman album. These past few days I have been listening to all of the radio tributes and in my infinite wisdom I decided to “Let’s get crazy” and embrace him. Okay I made some bad choices like turning up on Friday night and dancing like it was 1999 but now I am limping like my body is screaming “why you wanna treat me so bad.” But I had fun just embracing my youth. I walked through the mall today with the Ultimate Prince Face. You know full make up, stoic face and big 1980’s hair!!!

The best thing he taught me was his love for empowering women. He always had some fly woman singing and playing instruments. She was not always some skinny woman but was beautiful, powerful and had skills. I thought I could sing because of this and that has been destroyed by reality. (LOL) He demanded and commanded perfection and precision. You knew you were going to have a performance and not just a show. If you saw him live, on an award show or just on the album cover looking flawless you knew it was the best. I truly believed that he actually woke up like that. As I lift my glass of cranberry juice to my mouth I toast to Prince the Man, the Myth, and the Legend. Thank you for giving us the music of our soul and dancing into our heart and setting the standard of being unique.

Sitting here listening to Nothing Compares to you and falling in love with you all over again. My mind dreaming about your deep sultry, sexy, soothing voice belting out the songs of your heart to me. You will never be forgotten by those who truly loved you.

You will be truly missed on earth but I know the Kingdom was ready for you my dear Prince because you have earned your place. Until we meet we truly Adore you!



With Resting Prince Face




Sullybug’s Mom

Comments

Popular Posts