A Lesson on the Plane



October 2016, Sully and I went to sunny California. Dressed like the Divas we are; we boarded a crowded plane, with smiles and cookies. My heart was dreading getting on a plane with my little Bug, I had so many fears but  when people ask me how did she do? My reply is that she was 1 years old.

Before we got on the plane I wanted her to be like a super baby. You know, no crying just sitting there for 5 hours and chill out. I am 36 and I could not sit there for 5 hours and chill out. I had to pee twice, I was hungry, sleepy, wanted to get up but couldn’t and I was just plain tired. So why was I expecting or wanting Sully to be what I could not be.

I was not sure what to expect and I don’t know what people on a plane expect for a 1 year old. It took me the second flight to realize, that the people on the plane did not matter.  I was there to be a parent to my child, not make sure everyone else was okay. Adults know how to regulate their feelings, or take something to make them calm. However my Bug did not have that option, she had to be 1 years old.

But she is my child so she was the cutest 1 year old ever. She played with everyone in our area. She knocked water on me and the man beside me. She threw her crackers, she pitched a fit because her crackers were wet because she was eating them. She took naps, she woke up and she smiled. She was totally a kiddo who was in a new place.

Our ride home was ever better. Sullybug learned how to fist bump the week before, so she fist bumped all that passed us going to their seats. She played hide and laugh with the man behind me. She also played a game of finger in momma’s nose. But she had fun and that is all that matters. I was able to keep her safe and make her long trip on the plane as normal as possible.

I learned that society has total unrealistic idea of people, especially babies. We as people try so hard to live up to these false standards that we push them on our kids. Then our kids become these neurotic adults with tons of prescriptions and allergies. No offensive to my people, but I think that is where I get all my issues from. No one wants you to have emotions, reactions or differences. My daughter did not recognize that anyone was annoyed with her laughing, or that her fist bumping everyone that passed was maybe not okay. She was being Sully and living in her moment. She was making herself happy. Maybe at the expense of others but she had a freaking ball.

I learned so much from my daughter on this trip and for that I will always be grateful that she was my traveling buddy. I have always been told that your mother is your first teacher, but I have to say Sullybug has been my best lesson. Things I learned from Sully on this trip

1.      Don’t be afraid to laugh out loud, it is contagious

2.      Fist Bump a stranger, it might make their day

3.      Let you hair down, make a friend

4.      Your inner child is only a funny joke away.

5.      I can’t count so I have no cares to give.


My daughter is everything I wish I could be. I hope this world does not hurt her spirit or break her happiness. Because we need more people to be free. Thank you Sully again you amaze me.

Comments

Popular Posts