One Ticket for two please


Sometime this month, my 1 year old daughter and I will travel to Hollywood California. I know, I know. I will be that beautiful, young mother; gracefully carrying a diaper bag, kid and some snacks onto the plane. I will mostly likely sit by the window and crawl over your lap to get to my seat. You will have questions about this kid that is on my hip. What will she do on this plane? She will possibly start screaming and crying. She might have a blowout diaper. She just might want to talk to everyone in our corner. Or she might just be a 1 year old (Crazy right). Whatever happens, I am pretty sure I will have stories about in the near distant future. But my problem today is not about the ride, but why is it so hard to buy one ticket for two people?

I logged onto a popular airline site and started to look at tickets for this fantastic voyage. As I searched through the site, I found great deals for roundtrips tickets with one layover. It was not too expensive and I could upgrade from the dreadful economy class (where the seats are smaller than my daughter’s potty chair) to the extra elbow room in Business class. I was so ecstatic; that I was ready to purchase my ticket that day. Until we started to complete the paperwork. Where are the drop down buttons to add your passengers?  They do not offer discount tickets for children? That is so nice you have a paragraph of why I should have my child in her own seat.

However Mr. Big Airline paying for $533 bucks for my 1 year old daughter to stand next to me instead of on me is not reasonable. Sullivan will be coming traveling and momma will be bring her lap seat.  Oh and by the way; she will be requesting her own bottled water and wafers too.  You’re welcome!

For $533, Sullivan better get a gift bag with clothes from Baby Gap, free drinks of whole milk and apple juice, crayons, coloring book, two episodes of Daniel Tiger’s neighborhood and a set of wings.  I love my kiddo, she is totally awesome. I would pay millions for her but in October, I don’t think I will be able to do it. 

I know some of you might not agree and as a young to advance maternal aged mom, we usually are too sleepy to even care if you agree. We are just usually happy we were able to get somewhere with our little person and we have on clean clothes and a bra. So just get a soda, I mean at $533 bucks you’ve paid for it. Live it up big plane ride style.

But come October, I will bring you an unapologetic mom and her little unapologetic baby human with apple juice and animal crackers. She and I will be traveling together and making memories or misery. But either way, you will read about it. And it will be one ticket for 2!


With Love


Sully's Mom

Comments

Popular Posts