Pumpkin Spice and Dreams Deferred



Inhale boys and girls, Moms and Dads, Friends and Family. That’s right it is Pumpkin Spice everything Season. Pumpkin spice soap, lotion and body spray! Get your set from Bath and Body TODAY. For your taste buds pleasure, Pumpkin spice coffee, creamer and sugar at Starbucks! Get your favorite cup hot or on iced. (Eye roll)
 
It is almost as if Pumpkin Spice has become its own season. It is literally winter, spring, summer, Pumpkin Spice and fall. It appears that someone said this special spice will represent fall and then everyone joined in “OMG! I hate it so much I love it, Put it on a shirt!”
 
Even if you dislike it, you know when the fall season is coming. Pumpkin spice is like the first Christmas song on the radio, you don’t really love the song but it is the alarm for the season. Pumpkin Spice has become the smell of fall and everything chilly. It is technically the opening ceremony to the Ugly Sweater Olympics. It is the prompt to half off sales of all things that flicker and flashes (You know those earrings and matching light bulb necklace). Pumpkin Spice is all things whimsical, reindeer earmuffs, matching socks and hats. You overly dressed ball of holiday joy; you are the envy of holiday fun.
 
 
 
In all honesty, I do not like pumpkin spice. I actually did not know that you could eat a pumpkin until I was a teenager. I never had pumpkin pie until I was in my late 20’s. So when you say pumpkin, I am automatically ready carve it and ram a candle in there. Right now I don’t want it in my car, I don’t want it at bar. I don’t want it here or there, I do not want it anywhere. And yes, unlike Sam, I’ve tried the pumpkin spice. I’m not convinced. So please bear with me as I try to find a love for this overused veggie of the season.
 
For those who love Pumpkin Spice this time is just for you! This is your season! As you stand at the counter of your favorite Starbucks asking for a Venti, double latte with extra Pumpkin Spice and cream please. Or when you venture to the mall and dig into the last bin full of Pumpkin spice body deluxe cream wash and foam set; infused with cinnamon. With your buy 1 get 1 50% off with your coupon for $10 off of $30! Be proud because you waited a year for this day. Overstock on K-cup and overeat that special pound cake with pumpkin spice glaze for the 45 or more days. Because in a month or more it will be Eggnog season.
 

 

We all know that Eggnog season is your sophisticated season of cardigans and coordinating scarfs.  They are the Nat King Cole of the Holiday so live it up until after Thanksgiving! You know what! Keep going until New Year’s 2017. You deserve it.
 
With Love Sullybugs Mom
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts