All the kings’ horseman and all the single ladies?

I once read that Asheville, NC was a great place for Single women. (major eye roll) I am more than sure that is because they can boost up the economy by getting together, eating, drinking and shopping. But it is definitely not because there is a plethora of men available.

I see so many single women living life, working and owning their own businesses. Then I see guys around town, acting like they’re the gift of life and sweet baby Jesus all in 1! I was recently talking with some of my girlfriends and the dating scene sucks. I used sucks because it is not for lack of a better word it really really really sucks. Like really bad sucks! Some days I wonder what happened. Maybe Clark Gable was an alien. Billy Dee Williams is an enigma. Idris Elba is a figment of our imagination. Johnny Depp is just a cloud in the sky. Maybe there was never romance! Maybe we all dreamed it up. Disney told us that there was once a man who would sweep you off your feet. Maybe we reinforced the perfect man idea while playing with our Barbie’s. But we know that is not true. Someone fell in love, there was once a gentleman or an entire league of them. Apparently something has changed!

Point of Clarification Questions:

  • Did I miss the funeral of chivalry and romance? (Did Pattie LaBelle sing?)
  • Did I missed the relocation of the Gentleman? (Did Obama do this?)
  • Where in the hell have all the Cowboys gone?
  • Are having goals working on a future a thing of the past?
All these things answers and more on the next Sally Jesse Raphael show. I feel like there should be a full investigation by Geraldo Rivera, like when he thought he found Jimmy Hoffa’s body. He will most likely come up with the same results, a barrel of empty dreams and tears of women who wish to find love.

For this tale of a million broken hearts; I had to pull out my red glasses and get a sandwich. I needed my energy up for this one, because this is an emotional subject. I look at my girlfriends, most are college educated, beautiful and independent women. So what is the problem here? Is there a shortage of men? Are some of my friends going to be single forever? The answer to these questions could be yes. We hope not and wish for the best. But because of this fear, will they make bad decisions because they want to be loved? Will they settled to just be a part of someone’s life?

I am convinced that this is some cruel joke set up by the evils of karma because our ancestors burned their bras in the streets and danced. But this is going too far. If my husband and I break up, I will be changing my name to Sister Mary Claire Maria Teresa Angelo because I won’t be having Nun of this mess. (Yes, I meant to spell it that way) But on the bright side there are some good guys out there.

I actually sat down and looked at what was out here. It was a league of very unique males. Some appear to think that they are the gift from the Most High to women and you should be happy to share him with 5 other women. Some think they don’t have to do anything but show up. Some had great potential but I could see how they are missed out on. Some needed a lot of help in the style file, but were great otherwise. But how do you meet the good guys?
Make a realistic list of what you want from yourself and for that person. Ladies REALISTIC!!! Not Disney realistic but Naked and Afraid realistic. You know what it will take to survive in a relationship. You can ask for Disney if you want, and end up with 7 dwarfs by 5 different Princes. Somebody might get that joke later.
I have seen many people meet on actual dating sites. There are many sites so do the free trail membership and get off before you have to pay. They say they work! Some  people are actually getting married. I hear these same friends saying they are not getting on a site. Well okay don’t, but what is happening for you that is working. If you are on Facebook and a man approaches you, you are on a site. Just saying (eye roll)
I would never tell you to go to church to meet a man. I have heard the most horror stories from women who dated men in the church. That is another blog but trust me; you don’t want those issues.
 

I know you have heard this many times before just be patience. Don’t settle for less than great. It does not matter if you are overweight, tall, short, underweight, educated, older or young. Don’t give away who you are and give up because it is getting late. Is it better to be miserable with company or in good health alone? You are a treasure and when the time is right make sure you are ready.
 Look in your friend circle! Is there something you've missed? Again, Most importantly is there someone you've missed. Don't friend zone your future husband because he does not look like Idris or Denzel. Make sure you're attracted to the person but don’t make that your deal breaker. You never know what happens when you use your heart and not your eyes.

Also don’t be a jerk to the nice guy. So what you don’t like him that way, it won’t kill you to be kind with boundaries. You never know you might be the nice girl to someone else and they treat you nice. LOL just serious!

 

Give love and stay kind and caring to each other.

 

Sullybugs MOM

 

Comments

Popular Posts